MANILA, Philippines—Philippine naval security forces are set to conduct “sovereignty patrols” in the West Philippines Sea ("South China Sea" called in China/ "East Vietnam Sea" called in Vietnam) to check on possible intrusions by Chinese vessels conducting naval exercises within the country’s maritime boundaries, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said Thursday.
DFA spokesman Assistant Secretary Raul Hernandez said Thursday the Philippine Navy and Philippine Coast Guard were sailing to waters in disputed areas within the Philippines’ exclusive economic zone and continental shelf to check on the presence of Chinese navy ships.
The Philippines and China are locked in a struggle over parts of the Spratlys group of islands and Panatag (Scarborough) Shoal, which are clearly within the Philippines’ EEZ.
A fleet of Chinese vessels has reportedly deployed for drills on “actual combat” scenarios in the West Philippine Sea, the waters of which are almost wholly being claimed by China and partially claimed by the Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, Brunei and Taiwan.
The Philippines has a pending case for arbitration against China in the United Nations arbitral tribunal to stop Chinese incursions into Philippine-claimed parts of the West Philippine Sea. The legal action also seeks to invalidate China’s nine-dash line claim, which encroaches on Philippine maritime borders.
China has rejected the arbitration plea but the Philippines is confident proceedings will continue even without the other party’s participation.
“Our Philippine Navy and Philippine Coast Guard [were] asked to verify [if there were] reported intrusions,” Hernandez said.
China’s state-run Xinhua news agency reported earlier this week that four Chinese warships—equipped with four helicopters and a hovercraft—deployed off southern China’s Hainan province for training exercises in the West Philippine Sea.
Xinhua said the warships would undertake training exercises that include “command post establishment, operational maneuvering from the sea and high sea convoy missions.”
Without directly commenting on the report, Hernandez said, “It is always important that other countries respect our maritime zones and territories because such exercises could not be undertaken without our permission if they are done [in areas that] encompass part of our national territory.”
The Chinese naval exercises are part of China’s People’s Liberation Army’s “regular arrangement” under its annual training program. Seven similar exercises were held last year, according to Xinhua.
Inquerer


21 Comments
Howdy! I could have sworn I've visited this site before but after going through a few of the posts I realized it's new
ReplyDeleteto me. Nonetheless, I'm certainly happy I came across it and I'll be book-marking it and checking back regularly!
Here is my web site bed and breakfast in charleston sc
I rarely drop comments, but after looking at through some of the responses here "PH sea patrols to check on China naval exercises".
ReplyDeleteI actually do have 2 questions for you if it's allright. Is it only me or do a few of these comments appear like they are coming from brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are writing on other places, I'd like to follow everything fresh you have to post.
Would you make a list of the complete urls of all your social networking sites like your
Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?
My blog ... exercises for love handles and hips
It is appropriate time to make a few plans for the long run and it's time to be happy. I have read this put up and if I may just I desire to counsel you few attention-grabbing things or suggestions. Maybe you can write subsequent articles relating to this article. I desire to learn even more things about it!
ReplyDeleteMy website http://www.Himiroglu.com/
I rarely drop comments, but after looking at through some of the responses here "PH sea patrols to check on China naval exercises". I actually do have 2 questions for you if it's allright. Is it only me or do a few of these comments appear like they are coming from brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are writing on other places, I'd like to follow everything fresh you have to post. Would you make a list of the complete urls of all your social networking sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile? My blog ... exercises for love handles and hips
ReplyDeleteHave you ever thought about publishing an ebook or guest authoring on other blogs?
ReplyDeleteI have a blog centered on the same subjects you discuss and
would really like to have you share some stories/information.
I know my viewers would appreciate your work.
If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e mail.
This post is worth everyone's attention. How can I find out more?
ReplyDeletemy weblog; workouts to increase vertical jump
Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your content seem to be running off the screen
ReplyDeletein Opera. I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I figured I'd post
to let you know. The design and style look great though!
Hope you get the issue solved soon. Kudos
Also visit my blog ... vertical jump workouts
I couldn't refrain from commenting. Well written!
ReplyDeleteFeel free to surf to my website :: www.goolloo.com
Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board
ReplyDeleteand I find It truly useful & it helped me out a
lot. I hope to give something back and help others like you
aided me.
my blog - exercises help drop blood pressure
My developer is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.
ReplyDeleteI have always disliked the idea because of the costs.
But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using WordPress
on several websites for about a year and am
anxious about switching to another platform.
I have heard good things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can
transfer all my wordpress content into it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Also visit my web page ... exercises to increase vertical leap
Wow, this article is nice, my younger sister is analyzing these things,
ReplyDeleteso I am going to inform her.
My page; Www.silivrenstudios.com
I read this article fully about the difference of most up-to-date
ReplyDeleteand previous technologies, it's amazing article.
Check out my weblog :: http://www.jahedif.com/wiki/OrlandonbFerrellfi
Good blog post. I definitely appreciate this website.
ReplyDeleteContinue the good work!
Also visit my blog: http://www.webbytrader.com/
This is my first time pay a quick visit at here and i am truly impressed to read
ReplyDeleteeverthing at alone place.
Here is my blog http://www.astromindsclub.com/MiriamBil
We absolutely love your blog and find most of your post's to be just what I'm looking for.
ReplyDeleteDoes one offer guest writers to write content to suit your needs?
I wouldn't mind creating a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write in relation to here. Again, awesome web log!
Visit my web page; exercises to increase vertical
As the admin of this web page is working, no
ReplyDeletehesitation very quickly it will be famous, due to its feature contents.
Also visit my weblog ... http://shareatalent.com
Wonderful goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely fantastic. I really like what you've acquired here, certainly like
ReplyDeletewhat you're stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I can't wait to read far more from you.
This is actually a tremendous site.
Visit my site exercises to increase vertical leap
I for all time emailed this webpage post page to all my associates, because if like to read it then my contacts will too.
ReplyDeleteHere is my weblog :: www.colonyx.com
always i used to read smaller posts that also clear their motive, and that is also happening with this piece of writing which I am reading
ReplyDeleteat this time.
Here is my homepage: exercises to jump higher exercises to improve vertical exercises to improve vertical jump exercises to improve vertical leap exercises to increase vertical exercises to increase vertical jump exercises to increase vertical leap exercises for vertical exercises for vertical jump exercises for vertical leap workouts to jump higher workouts to improve vertical workouts to improve vertical jump workouts to improve vertical leap workouts to increase vertical workouts to increase vertical jump workouts to increase vertical leap workouts for vertical workouts for vertical jump workouts for vertical leap vertical jump exercises vertical leap exercises vertical jump workouts vertical leap workouts
Amazing! This blog looks just like my old one!
ReplyDeleteIt's on a completely different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Great choice of colors!
My webpage - exercises to increase vertical leap
Hi there, just wanted to tell you, I liked this
ReplyDeletepost. It was inspiring. Keep on posting!
Feel free to surf to my webpage; exercises for vertical leap